Data Protection Statement (Short Version)
Data Protection – Simplified
In the following, you will find a short, easy-to-understand overview of the collection and processing of your data. For detailed explanations (including exact data and use) please refer to our Detailed Data Protection Statement.
We Collect These Data:
- The domain name or IP address of your computer, the client's file request (file name and URL), the HTTP response status code and the Internet page from which you are visiting us.
- When you register for the newsletter, we store the time of registration, registration details and email address you provide us with for this purpose. We also record when you open the newsletter and on which links you click.
- The website contains specific data entry forms at various points, which can consist of mandatory fields as well as fields with different contents that are to be filled in voluntarily.
- Within plugins that we use on our website (e.g.: Google Maps).
How We Collect Your Data:
Otherwise, we collect data only on the basis of the data you manually enter on our website, in the respective data collection forms. Wherever this is the case, you will find a link to the specific data protection notice directly on the form.
We Use Your Data for This Purpose:
- For technical administration and provision of the website
- For the sending and regular improvement of our monthly newsletter
- In the case of special registration forms, the exact purpose is described in the respective data protection notice
- For transmission to the operators of social networks whose plugins are used on our website
- For transmission to the operators of web services that we make available through our website
Moreover, We Use Your Data:
- Only to the extent permitted by law
- For the detection of misuse and fault rectification
- For the provision of information to public authorities
How Long We Store Your Data:
The duration of data storage depends primarily on the fulfilment of the purpose. This means that we store your data exactly as long as we need it to fulfill the purpose of the data collection. In some cases, however, there are legal retention periods that provide for a different storage duration. In these cases, we store the data for as long as required by law. Should data in a particular context (for example Google Analytics) be deleted after another period, this is stated in the Detailed Data Protection Statement.
You Have The Following Rights:
- The right of access (any information contained in this notice may be requested at any time)
- The right to have data deleted (unless time limits prevent this)
- The right to be forgotten (if data has been transmitted, we must request the recipient to delete it)
- The right to data transfer (if you wish, we must transfer the data to a third party in computer-readable format)
- The right to correction of data category
- The right to object to the processing activity
- The right to correction if the data is inaccurate
- The right to complain to supervisory authorities
This data protection notice provides a concise overview. The complete information can be found in the Detailed Data Protection Statement.
We have appointed an external Data Protection Officer to safeguard your rights and to ensure that processing is legally compliant. The contact details are:
gds – Gesellschaft für Datenschutz Mittelhessen mbH
06421 / 80413-10