Process equipment & tooling
In order to do your leak test several accessories might be needed to perform or optimize your process. Examples are test chambers to put in your unit under test, additional backing pumps to shorten your test times or safety and protection accessories like clamps or filters.
Pfeiffer Vacuum offers a broad range of vacuum chambers with standard and customized adaptations. For further details on this offering please check our “Chambers” area. Especially for the testing of small and medium size parts, we additionally offer dedicated leak test chambers with further connectivity features to our leak detectors.
These test chambers have to be installed on the inlet of the leak detector and connected to the 37 pins I/O connector in order to take the benefit of a semi automatic usage. Typically, when the lid of the chamber is closed manually, the test cycle will start automatically.
- Small: hemispherical chamber, 72 mm diameter, 31 mm depth
- Medium: cylindrical chamber, 160 mm diameter, 100 mm depth
Leak detection test chamber
A special form of leak detection test chambers are bombing chambers, which enable charging of sealed parts with helium. Therefor the chambers are equipped with valve and manometers for bombing of sealed parts. For more information on the bombing method, please check chapter “Tracer gas leak detection with helium and hydrogen”.
- Bombing chamber, volume 3.5 liters (150 mm diameter, 200 mm height), 10 bars max. (786396)
- Bombing chamber, volume 6.4 liters (100 mm diameter, 800 mm height), 25 bars max. (786397)
With the bypass option for our ASM 340, you can reduce the pump down time of large test items or items with a high exhaust gas rate. Furthermore the bypass helps to protect the leak detector against dirt. For the use of the bypass option, your ASM 340 needs the 37-pin interface card.
- Bypass option with Euro-style safety plug including mains cable with Euro-style safety plug (safety plug CEE 7)
- Bypass option with US plug including mains cable with US plug
Clamp with specific tool that allows you to lock any accessory on a DN 40 flange.
Connected to the inlet, the dust filters prevent that large quantities of dust can get into the leak detector.
- Inlet filter, 20 µm, DN 25/25 ISO-KF (105841)
- Inlet filter, 20 µm, DN 40/40 ISO-KF (105842)
- Inlet filter, 20 µm, DN 40/25 ISO-KF (105843)
- Inlet filter, 5 µm, DN 25/25 ISO-KF (105844)
- Inlet filter, 5 µm, DN 40/40 ISO-KF (105845)
- Inlet filter, 5 µm, DN 40/25 ISO-KF (105846)
Inlet dust filter